We arrived home at 11:00 am on Tuesday morning. Goodbye Leafy Green - Hello Rolling Prairies!!
- Starbeans' temp was 103 the night we left; it broke on the way to the airport. Thankfully, he did very well - I pushed him around in the stroller and he slept for pretty much the entire flight(s). He had woken up sick that morning and his fever waxed and waned throughout the day.
- It was a tough decision, but with 200-400 dollars in extra charges, plus no guarantee that Pumpkin and I wouldn't be sick the day we rescheduled, we decided to fly as planned. I am so thankful that he did as well as he did.
- I walked what felt like 4 miles at the Minneapolis airport, to Concourse B. In case anyone is wondering, that is where they store all the baggage trucks - pretty much at the far north (or is that east?) end of the airport, right at the entrance. The only other flight leaving from that area was to Flint, Michigan. I didn't even know of that wing's existence!
- Our flight from MSP left late and as I sat on the plane, all I could think about was how we would have been home, clean and in bed if were still living in Minneapolis.
- I rode in a propeller airplane from MSP to FSD (Sioux Falls), with 15-20 other people.
- Propeller planes are LOUD: Squeeze heard us land when he was waiting for us at the airport. That fact alone should also give you a good idea of the size of the airport in Sioux Falls.
- We walked down stairs to get off the airplane - outside, mind you - then walking to the terminal, up the stairs, then down the hall and to the escalator to the baggage claim.
- Baggage claim at FSD was, I kid you not, a total of 6 bags. Two of them were mine.
- My nostrils were greeted with the pervasive scent of fresh-flung manure when we opened the FSD door on our walk to the parking lot. Parking for over an hour was 2 dollars.
- After 10 hours en route, we arrived home. Our flight left at 12:40 am WA time: we arrived home at 11:00 am MN time (9:00 WA time) slept from 12:30 pm-7:00 pm, then again from 10:00 pm-8:30 am, then napped again at 10:30 am. Yeah, we were tired.
- Pumpkin started getting sick last night, and today is his bad day. His temp was elevated, but not as bad as Starbeans' the night we left.
Home again, home again, jiggity-jog