Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My brother, Bison Brent

My brother was here today, bringing furniture and boxes of books for storage, getting ready to move to Avon, CO this weekend -- four-turned-fourteen hours away from us.

He has lived in the Twin Cities for three years now, in school, studying theology; but now is done and moving on. His plans are to read himself into stupor (whatever he wants!) and work at a steakhouse called The Dusty Boot to pay off his student loans ASAP. From there . . . who knows.

I am really going to miss seeing him regularly; but it will be interesting to see what kinds of things he does next.


Snuggling with Uncle Brent


First snow of the season

Ahhhyes, very amused with ourselves

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What!?!??! When did he decide to move??? I never heard anything about it.

Unknown said...

Luke lived in Avon for a couple of years. Why did your brother decide to move there, surely not just for the Dusty Boot?

a. borealis said...

Yes, I do remember that Luke lived in Avon for awhile. I thought it sounded familiar, but couldn't remember why . . .

As for my brother, he wanted to live somewhere different, near the mountains (snowboarding!), and a place where he could work as a server in a restaurant and make big $$. He had connections with The Dusty Boot, so Beaver Creek, CO it was.

Sally! So good to hear from you.