Thursday, September 05, 2013

Feeling optimistic again

The saints came marching in

My good friend and neighbor, Lindsay, came for a full day of food preservation this morning: 13 quarts tomato sauce, 10 trays of plum tomatoes in the dehydrator, all the green beans snapped, and tomato soup simmering on the stove.  Together we were able to accomplish what would have taken me two days to do by myself.

I am beyond grateful.  It is such a weight off my shoulders.  And!  She's going to come back and help when Mt. Saint Tomato-Table starts rumbling again.  Awesome.  Next time we are going to do salsa.

In other good news, Blaine is taking a three-day weekend to give me more time in the kitchen.  It will be apples up the wazoo: apple sauce, apple leather, apple chutney.  All added to the apple sauce and apple butter I did last weekend.

1 comment:

cloves corner said...

With or without help, I don't know how you do it. I am completely in aw. And with a baby in the squad. Dang.
Also, we may have a majestic landscape, but we have to coax tomatoes out of the ground. I would be reveling in a pile like that!