Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cubeland

Squeeze and I both work part-time. He, from 3 am (yes - am) to 7 am, Monday-Friday and me, 9-ish to 3-ish, Monday-Wednesday. Got that? He goes to bed at 8 pm and sleeps while Starbeans naps. At work, he sits in a warm van and listens to the BBC (live) whilst delivering bags of checks from one location to another while I fritter my time away in cubeland. I shouldn't say fritter: I have lots to do. But: it is cubeland, nonetheless.

The other day, I devised a mental list of Cubeland Oddities that really get my goat. Mostly jargon, and almost always like fingernails on a chalkboard. I defer:

  • "Why don't you just shoot me an email"
  • "Just shoot me an email and I'll take care of that"
  • "I've got a lot on my plate right now, so why don't you just shoot me an email?"
  • "I'm so busy - I don't have time to complete this or that, so why don't you just shoot me an email. I've really got a lot on my plate."
  • "How was your weekend?"
  • Dress-down day. Like we all get excited to wear jeans.

No comments: