Sunday, October 01, 2006

Maya Wrap Lover

That's me! I love my Maya Wrap. A sling, but so much more. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:


  • Sling: 6-8 positions
  • Swaddling blanket
  • Snot rag
  • Grocery cart seatbelt
  • Highchair seatbelt
  • Park blanket
  • Sun shield: car, stroller
  • Peek-a-boo tool
  • Modest nursing (but I've never used it for that)
  • It is beautiful!
  • Shawl (for me)
  • Pocket carries: wallet, keys, pacifier

Updated 11/3: Now that I have a toddler, I can add LEASH to the list. It makes for a splendid leash to keep that kid near you when you need him to be.





3 comments:

Christian said...

Very cute, I've seen them before and thought they look like they would be great. I have an ergo and I love it because it has such good back support, do you find that your maya wrap has good support or do you have a problem with that? I have back problems so I have to be pretty careful. Fun pictures!!

a. borealis said...

I looked at the Ergo Carrier online today - it looks like it probably has really great support, especially for a bad back.

I'm not sure if a Maya Wrap could equal the weight distribution in the Ergo (from what I could see). Perhaps it is for stronger backs only? Mine gets sore if I have him on me for too long, but it isn't unbearable - I imagine it is probably like that with any sling or carrier. Aside from that, it is better to have a sore back than a sore back AND aching arms.

Nonetheless, I am smitten with my Maya Wrap. It has worked out so well for us!

Thanks for visiting...!

Christian said...

By the way, I know that that comment says Christian (it's really Jenni if you were wondering!) I can't seem to figure out how to sign in for myself :)