Thursday, May 31, 2007

Checking in

My goodness. It has been a long time since I've posted. I'm alive and well, but too busy to get near a computer. I can imagine it will probably be like this for the next month or so.

I'm actually at my parents' house in Western WA. I've been here for a week now; Starbeans is living it up with Bupa and Gramma, loving all the attention and interaction. They love it too, of course: it makes me happy.

I've been feeling the baby move a lot -- mostly the feeling of light tapping on either side of my belly. My uterus is enlarging rapidly, as I now can feel a big hard lump in my lower belly where I used to have to feel around for it a bit. I really love feeling it move, imagining who it is and what it must look like. Everything is so mysterious at this point.

All my pregnancy books got packed up in January (before we knew we would be pregnant soon), so I'm not as on it with this pregnancy. I'm too lazy to look online (besides, I like books better) and the pregnancy book I did have, I had to return to the library. With my first pregnancy, I could tell you everything that was going on with baby and body week by week, but this pregnancy -- not so much. Not that I have a lot going on or anything, right? Sheesh, man. I'm looking forward to life slowing down a bit. But...does it ever? I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't.

No comments: