Thursday, November 08, 2007

I think I might blow a gasket

Starbeans is in the tub right now, getting cleaned up after pooping his pants. Add that to the two times he already peed his pants today and the two times he peed his pants yesterday, and I think I might be on the verge of a meltdown.

What is the deal? Is it always 1 step forward and 15 steps back?

I've been talking about it all morning, like I have been for the last week [I'm sick to death of it, I might add] and he's been saying, "Yeah" and "Okay" and then completely ignoring me. In fact, one of the incidents this morning was after I sat him on his potty chair (I knew he had to go). He likes to read books and has a grand old time. I wasn't watching him because there isn't usually a problem, but eventually heard him say, "Potty in underwear, Mama" and sure enough: I turn around and he is standing up, pants around his knees, with wet underwear. What the...??

Why???

I needed to vent.

1 comment:

ms said...

we are having the SAME issue!!! my parents in town for the weekend and it is puddles of pee in the house, poop in the undies, and no alarms at all when we are out of the house. i wonder if the distraction issue is part of it - and why "most boys are older when they potty train". how many two year old boys can pay attention to an urge to pee when the blocks are being built?!