Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kitchen Remodel - Phase II

My BIL, ripping up the floor - goodbye and good riddance, you nasty thing. The countertops are drying; they look like a dark yellow but eventually after sanding, they will be a polished sand color - it should be very pretty.

We are going for the gold and pulling down the wallpaper while we're at it. I'm borrowing a neighbor's steamer - it is going very well. It is nice not to have to deal with any nasty chemicals. My nieces helped yesterday, and I woke up early this morning and pretty much finished the job. You may already sense this, but I won't miss the atrocious wallpaper either!

My sweet dumpling, Starbeans - he has been having a lot of fun with his cousins. We've discovered that he is quit bossy and demanding with other kids. "Let's PLAY!" he says, as he tugs on their arms.

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

where do you cook? Did I miss that in a post somewhere? I'm sure you all are ready for the construction to be over with! Starbeans is so handsome! Love, Love, love his hair!

a. borealis said...

I know...I know... I've had to practice some strategy to feed us all with our tiny [and very old] crockpot and my in-law's ElektroMaid skillet. The washing machine has been my "stovetop". LOL - thank goodness the refrigerator is in the living room. Living like this really makes me thankful for a fully operational kitchen. What a blessing it is!

Even worse...the next 2-3 days we can't go into the kitchen or the hall (which cuts off the bathroom). We're going to be pooping in buckets! Or the woods...I think I'd prefer that.

Needless to say, it will be very nice when it is finished. =) It's kind of an adventure for awhile!