- Our garden is beautiful - we are eating very well, with frequent 2-3-4 combinations of vegetables at each meal. Beets top of the charts, nummm. Red Swan beans with butter, salt, and parm cheese come next (but that just started last night).
- Being a mother highlights faults and shortcomings like no other job I've ever had. Being a wife is probably second, but I don't think it even touches motherhood.
- Tea parties are all the rage at our house again these days. Diego set up the little kiddie-table in the kitchen today, right below the low-lying window; the view was delightful and we dined on buttered ginger muffins, chicken bits, walnuts, banana chips, and alfalfa-mint tea.
- Diego's naps are becoming shorter and frequently he does not fall asleep during snuggle time. He recently even started saying, "I don't know how to fall asleep!" It may be just a phase, as he is sleeping in quite late to make up for the lost time. Quiet Time has begun. He settles into an upstairs bedroom with books and his beloved pac(fier) and comes down when 1) the music goes off, or 2) the buzzer beeps.
- I am purposefully gearing my life into a slower pace. This includes staying home a lot and focusing more on the daily routine. I am incorporating regimented tasks into my daily and weekly life, like "After Meal Clean-up", where Diego helps by clearing the table, wiping up, and tucking in the chairs; "Quiet Time"; and routinizing things like sweeping, cleaning the bathroom, and vacuuming. My living space is out of control and I need some assistance (structure) to help me manhandle it into submission. I hope to make it simply "what I do" in time.
- So why is it...whenever I get a chunk of free-time, my motivation and To Do list totally dissolves and all I want to do it lay around and read?
- I've started brushing my teeth with tooth powder (Eco-dent is the brand) vs. paste. I really like it and will never go back. The boys are even starting to take to it...yessss.
- I will be at my parents house in Western WA for several weeks at the end of July/beginning of August. My brother Andrew is getting married and my sister has her senior show for the art school she attends. I can't wait to melt into being a daughter again. That feels so good. Squeeze will be coming for a long weekend as well - I am so glad that he'll be there with us, as he wasn't able to attend my other brother's wedding last summer. He'll miss the senior show, though...bummer.
- Blahblahblahblahblah blahblahblah
- My SIL was told "If I were Bond, you'd be my woman" at the post office the other day.
- I've been dreaming about Nepali/Indian food recently - I want curried potatoes & cauliflower and poori like you couldn't believe. I am also nursing a serious obsession with Brazil nuts.
- Both boys love Brazil nuts too, as does Squeeze. They are going real quick, like lightning, in this house.
- I must read.
Monday, July 13, 2009
11:11 (10) Affection (100) Announcement (56) Baby (17) Beauty (21) Books (91) Brothers (61) Chuckle (60) Cloth Diapering (9) Complaints (25) Danie Blizzard (120) Domestic Bliss (66) Elias Ashmole (52) Family (34) Friends of the Library (15) Frustration (58) Garden (74) Going Green (18) Gratitude (28) Homebirth (29) Homeschooling (29) Hot Topics (22) In bloom at our house (12) Kicking the Chapstick Addiction (8) Lists (51) Live and Learn (60) Living on Very Little (31) Mother Culture (5) Musical Accompaniment (27) Natural Health (38) Nostalgia (20) Num-Nums (129) Nursery Rhymes (10) Obsessed (11) Of Interest (6) Poetry (19) Potty Training (16) Pregnancy (70) Pumpkin (149) Questions (11) Ramblings (30) Ripping-good Yarn (30) Ruminations (40) Rural Life (94) Sorrow (20) Starbeans (247) un-un-un-un (67) Yearly Booklist (8) zzzzzz (3)