- 33 weeks pregnant
- I spent last week, in a nutshell, lying prostrate on the couch, totally done in from the previous weekend's labors.
- Which was . . . butchering 25-ish chickens from 10:00 AM to 5:30-ish PM. We still have 7 left to go.
- Totally done in. Destroyed.
- I felt (feel) like a complete wimp, but it is hard to argue with a body that won't cooperate. The next step was the total zap of all optimism and anything vaugely resembling get-up-and-go. And wondering if it will ever end.
- It was pure survival, that's it.
- I have to remember that my body is being used for something else right now (growing a baby!) and while everyone else was sore, too, their ligaments and muscles are not being stretched like mine.
- Still, hard to stomach.
- Symptoms: PAIN. First muscles and skeletal frame, them hips and ribs, then settling in my neck, shoulders, and head. Combine this with the nasty, violent cough that is "going around", which left me crying, feeling like my frontal lobe was being stabbed. Ugh.
- I'm feeling better, though. I have a chiropractic appointment for tomorrow, because something is definitely out of whack.
- Meanwhile, life goes on . . .
- Truen says, "She am" and "You am" and "I can't know". He is so spontaneously affectionate, hugging me and giving me smooches while telling me he loves me, totally out of the blue. His favorite game is "Mama Mouse & Baby Mouse" or "Mama Rabbit and Baby Rabbit" or "Mama Kitty and Baby Kitty". So precious.
- Diego is developing into such a helpful boy. He has gladly taken on tasks like turning on the crab light every morning and is starting to remember to do after-meal clean-up without being reminded (and has always happily said, "Oh yes!" when I do remind him). He'll gleefully say, "Dooooooo it!" when I tell him the name of the next chapter of the book. He still wants to marry me; and the new baby, too, whom he insists is a girl.
- Both boys want to name their new baby sister, "Pretty Girl".
- Given the last 4 generations of Borealises, the chances of that are not very likely. This generation has their one Borealis girl already. Or could we break the pattern?!
- Not very likely.
- I peed my pants the other day in the midst of a violent cough. I was on my way to the bathroom, taking a slight detour to drop something off in another room.
- My last urine analysis at my pre-natal appointment indicated I'm not getting enough water. Great.
- I had my first thought of, "I have to be pregnant for two more months?!!" the night before last.
Monday, November 08, 2010
Wah, wah, wah, and then some
11:11 (10) Affection (100) Announcement (56) Baby (17) Beauty (21) Books (91) Brothers (61) Chuckle (60) Cloth Diapering (9) Complaints (25) Danie Blizzard (120) Domestic Bliss (66) Elias Ashmole (52) Family (34) Friends of the Library (15) Frustration (58) Garden (74) Going Green (18) Gratitude (28) Homebirth (29) Homeschooling (29) Hot Topics (22) In bloom at our house (12) Kicking the Chapstick Addiction (8) Lists (51) Live and Learn (60) Living on Very Little (31) Mother Culture (5) Musical Accompaniment (27) Natural Health (38) Nostalgia (20) Num-Nums (129) Nursery Rhymes (10) Obsessed (11) Of Interest (6) Poetry (19) Potty Training (16) Pregnancy (70) Pumpkin (149) Questions (11) Ramblings (30) Ripping-good Yarn (30) Ruminations (40) Rural Life (94) Sorrow (20) Starbeans (247) un-un-un-un (67) Yearly Booklist (8) zzzzzz (3)