So do yourself a favor, and if you ever run into garlic scapes at the co-op or your farmers' market (available in JULY only), buy a tassel and bring them home to make this. Yo. You won't regret it.
GARLIC SCAPE PESTO
- 1 large handful garlic scapes
- 1 medium handful basil leaves
- 1 medium handful parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Add everything but the olive oil to a food processor and run until the ingredients are roughly blended. Then add the olive oil slowly until the desired consistency is reached. Feast or freeze, your choice.