Saturday, June 07, 2008

His sweetness is my weakness

Starbeans has been taking care of various babies he's adopted recently: stuffed animals, Mr. Potato Head, dolls, and most strangely of all (and his perennial favorite), an air pump. Some of them are imaginary, so I have to be careful because I can unknowingly place our real baby on top of them. "Watch out!" he says, "My baby is sitting there!"

Yesterday morning he was taking care of three babies - it was naptime and he was covering them up tenderly with blankets [he even set the monitor up when he was finished]. The air pump kept on hitting its head and crying, but he was diligent in comforting it.

Once the baby was quiet and asleep, he turned to me and said, "I a good mama." Awwww, sweet babe: yes, you are.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

That is so sweet. Love those precious moments when our babies take on life as they see us living it. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that story! What a sweetheart..seriously, 'out of the mouths of babes'. The other day Gus asked me if I had a baby in my tummy, and then told me I should have milk because I'm a girl and I have boobs. They're so funny! Anyway, I love reading your blog..it's so great and a bright spot in my day. Thanks for sharing!!

a. borealis said...

Jennifer! It has been so long since we've talked. Gus' milk and boobies comment is so hilarious!! Diego had a similar conversation with my sister about the exact same thing. So funny.

Shoot, I miss our conversations.