Monday, March 23, 2009

She flows

The sloughing of my uterine wall has recommenced. I could tell that things were changing, but I wasn't exactly sure what was going on until yesterday when "she flowed". I was strangely pleased to see it, as if that portion of my powers had returned to me.

I whipped out my Size A(fter) Keeper and put 'er in: plugged. Taken care of. I am glad I had purchased the post-vaginal delivery size this time around, as the Size B(efore) wasn't making the grade last time. And my goodness, ladies, I am reminded of how much I really really really like using The Keeper. I've been using it for the last 6 years (with 4 of them largely menses-free) and my only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner. [Props go to LSJF] If you haven't checked into yet, you should: it saves loads of cash, tons of grief, and is the hands-down environmentally-sound choice. It is a win-win-win decision.

This is the third time I've had my period in four years. !!! It has been a nice break, again; I definitely have extended breastfeeding to thank. The general rule is to nurse every 4 hours during the day and 6 hours at night to prevent ovulation, and my goodness: yes. It feels a lot more frequent than that (growth spurt?). But I can't complain with almost 17 months of free and completely natural worry-free birth control!

If this were Diego/Truen, I would have started cycling again in February - and been pregnant by the end of this month. That doesn't look so appealing to me this time around. I want to wow the crowds at our summer weddings (yeah...) and move around freely in pretty dresses in the warm summer sun instead [of lumbering]. The thought of giving birth in January in the frozen snowy prairies is also slightly daunting.

We shall see... I am going to re-read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, start charting morning temps, and keep a keen eye out for signs of fertility. It should be interesting - it will be the first time to use the knowledge I gained from that book. It even has recommendations on how to try for a girl (or a boy), though I haven't read that part yet.

4 comments:

lil' mama said...

You are so real and honest not only in your blog but in person! You're the best. I'm so glad that I know you :)

I hear ya about wowing the crowds at the summer weddings. Will we see you in Dale's?

I'm checking that book out too. We can chart our temps together :)

lil' mama said...

I meant AT Dale's...

a. borealis said...

Will I be at DT's wedding?? With rings on my fingers and bells on my toes, and I will have music wherever I go!

We have another wedding in WI just two weeks later, and then my brother is getting married in WA just a couple of weeks after that. It's gonna be fun! Who doesn't love weddings? =)

ms said...

i love 'taking charge of your fertility'!! and in fact, just pulled it out myself TODAY!
i hear you - the idea of getting prego right now is much less appealing than the last time around. space will keep me sane this time!