Thursday, March 05, 2009

There and back again

I was gone for a week a-visiting in Minneapolis/St. Paul. It was a lovely trip - we spent a lot of time with family, friends, at beating down the doors of untold numbers of thrift stores. [I hit the jackpot at every place. Totally tubular.]

In short: we spent an entire day with my brother, brunched with college friends with BIG news (engagement, new house, newly-popped pregger belly), played with the cousins, did dot-art with our buddies, spent a morning at a Somali mall sipping tea and nibbling on sambusa, and finished of the week rampaging through an attic apartment in super hero costumes and wooden swords. Diego even got some quality snuggling/neck-touching time in with Auntie Lyndi; and Truen started pointing and things and attempting to say whatever words were asked of him.

My social cup over-floweth. It was a good time, I'm glad I went. And I am so glad to be home. It feels very nice.

1 comment:

C. Shirk said...

Sounds like a great time! Thrift stores in El Paso are sorely lacking. I need to leave some room in my suitcase the next time I fly to St. Louis and hit some good thrift stores there.