All three of my boys are sleeping at the same time. I suppose it probably happens about once a week, and you can imagine how I just revel in it. It feels so good. I mostly want to just sit and stare.
But I think I'll write an "update" on each of the boys. I bet my parents and sibs would like that. Shoot, I will too.
- Re-obsessed with butterflies this summer.
- Love playing with and holding his baby brother.
- Never wants to take a bath alone, or much of anything else really -- he loves people and wants to be around them pretty much all the time.
- Though he does regularly become absorbed in picture books and Blaine's old comics for extended lengths of time.
- Loves to snuggle.
- Still loves to "touch my neck".
- Invites Truen to play by saying, "My guys are about to land and blow up your spaceship!" and anything else along that line.
- LOVES trying to make Blaine laugh -- I often watch him eyeing his daddy while pulling out the old one-liners (or whatever funny quip) to try and get a chuckle.
- Has recently started HATING to see people kiss. Whether his parents or people in a movie, he is repulsed and will avert his eyes while yelling, "Nooooooo!" (LOL, he also said he "doesn't like" Uncle Erik because he kisses Ashley. Riiiiiiiight.)
- He also told me yesterday that when he gets bigger and has a girlfriend, he's not going to kiss her. Riiiiiiiiight.
- Is embarrassed by his new hair-cut.
- Is very obedient and helpful.
- Tends to get too wild (his main downfall, sound familiar anyone...?)
- Still says, "schickens" vs. "chickens"
- Has resurrected my favorite nickname of all time, "Truen HisBees".
- Frequently calls Blaine "Da" and in the past has called me "Shaw".
- Regularly pats me to show his affection (and as a reassurance of his love if/when he's upset).
- Favorite color: blue
- Told the Story Hour reading volunteer this week that "the only thing I know how to make is scrambled eggs" when she asked the group if they liked helping in the kitchen.
- He does love to help in the kitchen and makes the scrambled eggs (almost) by himself.
- Frequently shows me affection by kissing my arms.
- Will ask, "Is your armpit available?" when snuggling down for bed or a nap. (He still loves touching my armpits, of all things.)
- Has been saying, "I want to be alone" when feeling cranky, and frequently re-emerges cheerful and pleasant once again.
- Has been saying, "I'm too tired to walk to bed" and absolutely LOVES in being carried. [Adjustment from being the baby...? Wow, I just thought of that!]
- Absolutely loves being babied by his daddy. Squeeze will croon and fuss over him (Diego too) and I can tell, that kid revels in it. Not much of a snuggler, but that will tip him over the edge and get him nuzzling.
- Always wants to make sure his daddy knows if/when he is hurt. Again, the "fuss-factor". Loves it.
- Still wears a 2T (three-and-a-half years old). Wears clothes that Diego wore when he was two. Likewise, the baby (at 5 months) is wearing things that he wore when he was 10-11 months. He's tiny.
- Has the cutest little chipmunk grin.
- Loves to play with his baby brother.
- Very keen on concocting "magic potions" of whatever powder/liquids he finds in the bathroom.
- Calls me "Ma" (no joke!)
- Adores banana chips.
- Favorite color: purple
Age 5 months
- Very interested in our cats, loves to watch them and will reach out to touch or grab them if they come close enough.
- Wiggles ALL. THE. TIME.
- Pukes ALL. THE. TIME.
- Loves to grab faces and suck on them.
- Smells so good, like a fresh bale of hay.
- Loves taking baths.
- Will grab Diego's face (particularly at night, when he's tired), scream, and suck on it ferociously (latching on in that back-and-forth motion when babies are looking for a nipple). This pretty much always ends in him (the baby) getting so amped up that the happy screams turn into crying-screams. It is the weirdest thing. Diego thinks it is hilarious.
- Sometimes hums himself to sleep.
- Loves to be wrapped (arm-swaddle).
- So soft and fat and sweet-smelling.
- Nicknames "Stinky" (pronounced "Schtinky") and "Voos".
- Wiggles and smiles if he even hears Blaine calling to him from a distance, gives HUGE grins when he sees him.
- Thinks his name is Stinky.
- Understands 6 words: milk, Dada, Brother, Toots/Bay (the cats' names), Stinky
- Takes four naps a day: Two 20 minute morning naps, one 2-3 hour afternoon nap, and another 20 minute evening nap.
- Nap locations vary. First morning nap: swing. Second morning nap: my arms/swing. Afternoon nap: bed. Evening nap: swing. (We keep the swing in the kitchen.)
- Gives a HUGE grin as soon as he wakes up enough to look around in the morning.
- Wake-up calls sound like this: "Ahhhhh . . . maahhhhhh . . . awwwwwhhh"
- Loves the reverberations of humming while sucking on his fist.
- His feet go *boing*, up in the air, the second his diaper is off. He loves holding his feet and sucking on his toes. (and this is actually how we have relatively-peaceful evening meals of late, by taking his diaper off so he can have easy access to his tootsies).
- Sits very well by himself (with supervision).
- Rolls over either way, but mostly to his left, and always starts the roll-over by grabbing his feet and laying on his side.