Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Diagnosis: Cabin Fever


I've got some massive Cabin Fever going on here - and to add to the angst, it snowed last night! I suppose it is better to have the beauty of white snow since I'm cooped up anyway, but OH MY GOODNESS, I can't wait to have some warmer weather. I want to go outside!!

Squeeze and I have lost a little of The Vision for moving out here as the winter months wear on, which largely revolves around being outside. We have been taking turns exclaiming to each other, "WHY did we move out here? I can't remember!" Literally. Our vision is blurred and we need some spring-time weather to revive our fervor. We remember with our minds, but that doesn't translate to the way we feel about things.

I have the late-winter blues like I've never had them before, baby. It must be the whole move-thing, coupled with a new baby and missing friends. I'll be alright, though. I just need to get outside.

4 comments:

ms said...

even here in the busy city we are succombing to cabin fever! we miss you guys! it snowed this morning here too and i had such mixed feelings - at least if we are in it for another month (or two, gasp) we can enjoy some beauty. but wow, does it make me miss the northwest!!! xo

C. Shirk said...

Preach it. The 10 inches of snow in St. Louis yesterday was beautiful and maddening all at the same time. I will be giddy 24-7 when 50's, 60's 70's finally become the norm. Oh my gosh, that just seems too good to be true right now. The warm-up will happen for us in St. Louis sooner than it will for you, but I'll try not to rub it in.

Sandy said...

Whew. That is a little overwhelming. Vitamin D this year (that I take like a vitamin) has really helped my cabin fever. 80-90% of "northerners" are vitamin D deficient. Worth looking into. Stand strong ... fact is, spring IS coming soon. :)

a. borealis said...

Thanks for the commiserations, ladies.

I definitely need to look into Vitamin D. My mom has talked about this before - and it really feels like Cabin Fever is an almost-physical need. Emotional, yes - but I can feel it in my body too. Thanks Sandy!