- Truen got his cast off today - his little right leg was furry, scaly, and softer and smaller than his left leg. Saaaaad. But he's walking, a bit. With a limp. All in due time...
- There was a Public Hearing for our Small Town's proposed library project - and the townsfolk were 100% in favor of it. There wasn't one naysayer. Yesssssss.
- Ohhhhhh . . . perhaps I forgot to tell you? A building in town was donated to the city for the library. They are moving ahead with the application, have hired an architect, and we will be getting a new library. Not if, but when. Maybe by next spring? Less than a year and a half after we formed our Friends group! Yesssssssss - high-five!
- I stopped reading through Wendell Berry's Agrarian Essays about half-way through. It wasn't that I wasn't interested, but because the writing is so meaty and it spurred so much contemplation. As spring has picked up the speed of life, I just didn't have the time or umph to keep on. I'll pick it up again when I have the time to give it the attention it deserves.
- Meanwhile, on to something a little more easily digested - The Dirt on Clean: And Unsanitized History by Katherine Ashenburg
- I realize how hysterical this may seem to some people . . . this is my relaxing reading?? Oh, but it is! It feeds my insatiable curiosity and reads like a breeze.
- Don't you think the history of personal hygiene sounds fascinating...?
Monday, April 26, 2010
11:11 (10) Affection (100) Announcement (56) Baby (17) Beauty (21) Books (91) Brothers (61) Chuckle (60) Cloth Diapering (9) Complaints (25) Danie Blizzard (120) Domestic Bliss (66) Elias Ashmole (52) Family (34) Friends of the Library (15) Frustration (58) Garden (74) Going Green (18) Gratitude (28) Homebirth (29) Homeschooling (29) Hot Topics (22) In bloom at our house (12) Kicking the Chapstick Addiction (8) Lists (51) Live and Learn (60) Living on Very Little (31) Mother Culture (5) Musical Accompaniment (27) Natural Health (38) Nostalgia (20) Num-Nums (129) Nursery Rhymes (10) Obsessed (11) Of Interest (6) Poetry (19) Potty Training (16) Pregnancy (70) Pumpkin (149) Questions (11) Ramblings (30) Ripping-good Yarn (30) Ruminations (40) Rural Life (94) Sorrow (20) Starbeans (247) un-un-un-un (66) Yearly Booklist (8) zzzzzz (3)