Thursday, August 30, 2007

Min-ee Yoder


Here's my boy with his new dump truck shirt, his cousin - "Yee-vi", and his favorite construction vehicle of all time - the mini loader. They look a little dumbfounded, but they were more interested in looking at the loader than posing for a picture. I swear, they were very excited about it!

It is really unbelievable to me how these boys are obsessed with vehicles of all kinds. Both of them were shouting out the names of every big truck or tractor we saw on our trip. They are really, really obsessed. I can remember my nephews being crazed about trains when they were young (which is also on our list of favorites). My SIL said that my nieces might have turned their heads toward the rumbling of a loud vehicle, but that was pretty much the extent of their interest. Nature vs. Nurture -- it is so interesting! Since Starbeans has had opinions about toys, our collection of vehicles has grown from zero to plenty. I'm fascinated over the fact that he generally wasn't given anything gender-specific until he starting asking for it. How is that?? Nature.

Interestingly, I found the dump truck shirt at a thrift store a couple of weeks ago -- it is his first vehicle boy-boy shirt ever. I knew he'd love it, so I picked it up; and sure enough, it has become his favorite shirt, one that he proudly shows off. That's my boy!

No comments: