Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Schtinks

Peering in at our new chicks this past weekend

The communication is pouring out of little Jamie.  I'm always amazed to see the wheels turning in his little head (though I suppose I shouldn't be).  It's adorable.  He generally doesn't say things when we ask him to, but they crop up on their own easily enough.

The past few days it has been names.  A first, aside from "Dada" and "Mama".  He will walk through the house looking for me, hollering, "Mama-mama-mama-mama!" on repeat.  But this weekend, I heard him say "D-go" in the living room, mimicking me as I was calling his brudder back into the kitchen.  And yesterday Squeeze walked into the living room right after we had been skyping with my sister . . . Jamie pointed at the computer and said "Dayna".  Just like that.

This weekend, it was just Jamie and me at the grocery store; he heard the intercom and signed "phone" to me.  (It was the sweetest thing.)  He also signed "phone" as we were ringing my sister on skype, now that I think about it.  And last night at bedtime, he was signing "milk" and "snuggle" in between the hollering screams and chest-pounding.  My chest, of course.  Heh.

No comments: