Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Not antsy

I just looked at the calendar this morning and realized that we are approx. 2.5 weeks away from birth.  Zoinks!  I'm 37.5 weeks.  That is amazing.

While I am thinking about what I need to do before the babe comes, I'm not feeling particularly antsy about it.  Not wishing the time away.  Honestly, I'm not even thinking about it that much.  There is too much else to think about and do.

I definitely feel depleted and ready for bed by the evening hours.  I can't lift anything heavy.  I get muscle spasms in my right groin when I try to move too quickly in the evening hours or when the baby shifts a certain way.  I'm dealing with yeast both vaginally and in my armpits (treating it with garlic suppositories, GSE internally, topical applications of tea tree oil, etc.).

I'm drinking approx. a gallon of water in a 24 hour period, probably more.  I regularly suck down a quart throughout the night (on my way back from my bathroom trek) because I am so thirsty.  I get up to pee 2-3 times a night, but don't mind much.  Getting back to sleep is easy enough and I get to be alone . . . no one needs anything from me.  I feel completely refreshed and like my normal self every morning, which feels very good (though I slowly go downhill by the afternoon until I'm ready for bed in the evening hours).

I am also slowly whittling away at my to-do list: baby clothes out, diapers out and ready, seasonal clothing change organized and put away, freezer meals stocked (done! thanks to the help of my friend and neighbor Lindsay), Year Two homeschooling curriculum guide under wraps (in process), baby necessities purchased (layette gown, swaddler, birth kit, butt paste, new diaper bag, Ergo baby carrier), etc.

We still don't have a name.  And we certainly don't have any excuses this time 'round, since we know we're having a boy.  We are pathetic.  Blaine brought it up last weekend, but Jamie woke up from his nap literally 30 seconds after the conversation was initiated and nipped that one in the bud.

* * * * *

Speaking of . . . our garden is almost totally planted with the cool-growing varieties.  All that is left is the cabbage.  This weekend Blaine planted the onions (100+), celery (40-ish), and broccoli (55).  He planted a bunch of stuff (seeds) last night as well, but I don't even know what it was because I was inside working in the kitchen and talking to my brother on the phone.  Oh dear.

The tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant are outside "hardening off".  They'll go in the ground within the next week or so.  He'll also plant the West Garden soon, with all the heat-loving squash and melons.

* * * * *

And, last update: approx. 3/4 an acre directly south of our driveway will be seeded this week with native prairie grasses and flowers.  We are so excited about this.  It is going to be a gorgeous view out our sunroom windows come next summer.  We had the perimeter of our property seeded similarly in 2010 and it is a rainbow of different flowers and interesting grasses throughout the summer, but we have to trek out to see it.  Not anymore.

The area has been brown and dead since last summer in preparation for seeding, so we are really looking forward to seeing a bit of life.  Before that, it was a grassy weed patch.

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

You sound so calm and at peace. Love it. Keep anticipating a post about new baby boy! Thinking of you often!